The holidays can sometimes be grueling and be one of the most stressful times of the year. Sometimes even “Burn Out!” Burn out is a state of emotional, physical and cognitive exhaustion that can lead to negative health consequences. So you have an important decision to make in moving forward in your health journey and to not get lost in the holiday slump.
Are you ready to deal with this holiday season differently with some tips to get you through it? Below are 3 tips that I am sharing with you today that can give you a jump start back onto your health pathway, especially if you had some health sabotage moments with Halloween last month. These tips will also support you through the holidays to make the right choices for your mind and body clarity.
There are big benefits that you will get if you implement the “3 Ways to Survive the Holidays”:
- Explode through your paradigm in what you are capable of as a divine woman,
- Increased life balance, and
- Decreased low peaks in your day
To get these benefits it’s time to just do it!
Coaching TIP: implement 1 of the 3 tips today to get yourself jumping into your commitment to yourself. It’s your time now. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great!” unknow person. So true in taking one step at a time and follow the 3 tips. Start now because the holidays are right around the corner, YIKES!
Your 3 Ways to Survive the Holidays!
1) Take a mental inventory of your diet– How are you feeling right now? Do you fit in your clothes comfortably? Feeling tired most of the time? These are good questions to be asking yourself since these are signs of your body being off balance,inflamed and lack of energy.
Exercise: Get a piece of paper and write down what you have eating in your last two meals. Three questions to ask: 1) Did you have at least one vegetable? 2) Did your lunch or a portion of your lunch come out of a package? 3) Are you eating too much?
Based on how you answer these questions, it will give you insight of some changes you can make in your diet. If you are not eating wholes foods in most of your meals,finding a portion of your meal or all of your meal in a package, and/or you are eating too much for what your body can burn, this will clog your body and brain. What you have discovered or have known all along that your diet isn’t working for you, it is time now to implement more whole foods and vegetables. Add this recipe below to support your new commitment.
2) Are you feeling good mentally? Based on how you answered the number 1 tip above will help you move into this 2nd tip… Maybe you are living through your food because of stress and imbalance in your life, maybe a bit of brain fog and clogged body. So find balance in your schedule by looking at what is happening during the week and by keeping a pulse on what fluctuations occur vs what is your static schedule will help you plan better. You can decide what how much you should be eating based on your activity to how much extra sleep you may need to survive the new events that creep up on your calendar through the holidays. Keeping track of your schedule by using a personal calendar is a great way to keep a pulse on your body’s needs.
3) Move Your Body– Get out and go for a walk on top of your regular workouts. If you are not working out add yoga to bring calmness to the chaos. You will need this through the holidays. The more balanced you are the increased successful you will have. Also think about the extra calories you are eating during the holidays. YOU NEED TO MOVE!
If you are looking for support through the holidays with not a large time commitment and financially feasible follow this link:
Accelerated Energy FITT Camp – Sexy Holiday
Quinoa with Mixed Vegetables:
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup quinoa
1 tbsp olive oil
7 oz coconut milk
1 tbsp yellow curry powder
1/2 yellow bell pepper
5 button nose mushrooms
1/4 white onion
1 red plum tomato
Soak for a minimum of 2 hours, 2 cups of chicken broth, 1 cup of quinoa
Once soaked add to a medium heated pan with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
The last 5 minutes add in yellow curry powder
While quinoa is simmering cut your vegetables
Once done, pull quinoa out of pan
Add the remaining 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
sautee the vegtetables
Add quinoa back in with the vegetables
Enjoy your quinoa mixed vegetables.
Speak Your Mind