Jump roping is AWESOME. What a great way to condition your heart, your mind, and your body. Yes we all want that!
Steps to get started:
- Get a weighted jump rope 1 to 2.5 lbs.
- Leather preferably which will give you a more controlled jump rope.
- See youtube video to make sure to pick out the jump rope for you :http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=hmWE07DQ4cg&feature=g-upl
- Then go onto my website to purchase your jump rope and get your workouts done with quick results: http://www.rlpersonaltrainer.com/Products.html
Steps to a successful jump roping workout:
- Work with your stomach muscles, make sure your stomach controls your body and balance for softer steps on the ground. No pounding.
- As stated above tip, make sure that your feet come down gently on the ground for each hop
- Now practice and vision your body going through smooth moves so each single turn will be linked with a foot placement. It will take awhile because we usually start jumping like we did in 1st grade.
Well, practice does make perfect. Good luck!
A great intense workout for you (Go Through 3 times)
6 minutes -jog – medium speed
2 minutes – walking – catch your breath
1 minute – jump rope – move your arms if you don’t have a jump rope
30 seconds – step side to side – catch your breath
2 minutes – jump rope –
1 minute – step side to side – catch your breath
2 minutes – jump rope,
1 minutes – step side to side – catch your breath