1 English Cucumber (or two), washed, unpeeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup of White Vinegar
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1) Measure the vinegar and sea salt. Stir well. Add Sliced cucumber and toss so the vinegar mixture coats the cucumber.
2) Place the ice cubes on top of the cucumber and let sit until ready to serve. Otherwise, place in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve.
Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Olive oil cooking spray
Enough sprigs of fresh rosemary to cover a baking sheet
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed and blotted dry
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray. Spread rosemary sprigs on sheet layer, making sure entire surface is covered. Mix together all other ingredients, except sweet potatoes, in small bowl.
3) Square off potatoes and slice into “steak fries.” Lay strips of potato on rosemary in single layer. Sprinkle generously with seasoning mixture. Spray generously with olive oil spray. Bake 20 minutes.
4) Spray again. Return to the oven for about 25 minutes more or until fries are golden and puffed.
Tomatoes Basil Mozzarella Salad
4 tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 slices
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves