Have you ever gotten to your weight goal to only see yourself back to where you started? Maybe even gaining even more weight then when you started? This is when frustration sets in and maybe even fear. You may be asking… What are my next steps? Why does this keep happening to me?
First off I want you to know that I have been there too so many times. I have changed but it took time and working with a coach and gratitude journaling to get to where I am now. I used to jump right into the next fad diet, starve myself, do binge eating and then starve… wow the list can go on as we all know. The lesson that I had to learn is that weight loss is not about the numbers on the scale, calories eaten per day.. it’s truly not about food. Our weight loss issues is hidden deep insides us. Be ready and put a mirror in front of you and ask yourself these hard to answer questions and the more authentic you can be the bigger step forward you will do;
5 Questions To Purge Old Negative Thoughts ~for weight loss:
- Are you ready to take action? Ready to take a road that you have never taken before? Understand that many people are not there… ready to move forward. I have client’s tell me that they feel empty inside when they start pulling away from their vices such as sugar.
- Are you stuck in your story? How are you affected by the things that people have said to you or your own self sabotaging thoughts. As Bernie Siegel would say, “…Don’t allow any negative messages you got earlier in your life that lead you to believe it was somehow bad to be happy. This is your life- It’s your time. Enjoy every moment of it!”
- Do you have limiting beliefs? Do you truly believe that you can only go so far in your dreams because that is the deck that you have been dealt with? If you are not feeling worthy to get to your sexy, successful self. Tip: Start your journaling today. Without pushing your boundaries, it’s impossible to move past your limiting beliefs.
- Are you engaging in fear-based living? Are you questioning just about everything you do? Do you tend to talk low and don’t feel very confident? Tip: Start evaluating the people that are around you. Journaling is the key to to the true answer to this question. Experimental studies have shown that those who kept gratitude journals felt better about their lives. Those who kept gratitude journals on a weekly basis exercised more regularly, reported fewer physical symptoms, felt better about their lives as a whole, and were more optimistic about the upcoming week (Emmons & McCullough, 2003).
- Do you have a real role model? Your nurturing friendships can teach you a variety of things from: 1) How to be good to others to 2) How to make a goal, commit to the goal and accomplish.
We are all going to lose our way along the way into being our best self. We all have road blocks that get us stuck and maybe even way off our path and that is why our journey will never end. Hope this blog has inspired you to look at life just a bit different today.
Feeling inspired? Leave a comment I would love to hear from you. Are you going to start taking new steps today that you haven’t done in a long time or haven’t done before?
You have an insightful day!
 Emmons, R. A., & McCullough, M. E. (2003). Counting blessings versus burdens: Experimental studies of gratitude and subjective well-being in daily life. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84, 377-389