My family and I just got done eating this Mango – Stuffed BBQ Pork along with the Mango BBQ Sauce. “This is fantastic”, Sean my brother in-law said after tasting this meal. So there you are, a GREAT recipe. What this recipe looks like after prep and before cooking. Make sure to make slits in the meat but not all the way through to add the MANGO SALSA
1 CUP CANNED PINEAPPLE (RESERVE LIQUID)
1/4 CUP CILANTRO, CHOPPED
1/4 RED ONION, MINCED
2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
1/2 LB PORK TENDERLOIN, CUT INTO 2 SLICES
2 TSP CANOLA OIL
1 CUP MANGO BBQ SAUCE (from the prior blog, food)
1. In a large bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Place 1 cup of salsa in a separate, smaller bowl. Refrigerate the rest.
2. Trim any visible fat from pork. Cut down the middle, about 3/4 of the way through, to create a pocket. Fill the pocket with reserved salsa.
3. Add oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Place pork in a skillet to brown on each side, about 1 minute per side.
4. Add the sauce (Mango BBQ sauce from prior blog, under food), cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium. Let simmer for about 5 minutes per side.
5. Meanwhile, whisk dressing ingredients in a bowl.
6. Serve each chop with 1/4 cup salsa and 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 339, Total Fats: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 88 mg, Sodium: 293 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 53 g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 41 g, Protein: 32 g, Iron 6 mg