Eat 5 Meals a DAY
Breakfast:1) Cup of fruit; 2) turkey bacon; 3) 1 slice of whole wheat bread or bagel
Snack: Small Apple & 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
Lunch: BLT Sandwich (3 slices extra- lean turkey bacon, lettuce, avocado, 2 slices whole wheat bread
Snack: small apple & handful of raw almonds
Dinner:Spaghetti Whole Wheat/ low fat meat & sauce
IMPORTANT STEPS TO FOLLOW:
1. Eating more frequently gets your metabolism going and keeps it working at an elevated level continuously throughout the day.
2. It will amp up your energy and keep your insulin level constant.
3. Because you are eating more frequently, you should eat a smaller portion at each meal or snack. TIP: If you are eating your normal portions, this won’t work!
4. Since you are not as hungry, it is much easier to pick a lean and healthy snack. When you let yourself get very hungry, you are much more likely to grab whatever is in sight. This is also when you start to crave all of those things that are so high in fat and calories, and you will probably eat more of it.
5. Even though you will ideally be eating LESS food that you are now, you will feel like you are eating MORE. Your mind and body will equate eating more frequently with more food, and therefore feeling more satisfied.
6. Knowing that you will be eating more often, you should plan ahead for your meals and snacks. This, too, will help to insure that you pick foods that are good for you and fit into a lean and healthy diet.
7. The thermogenic effect of eating several small meals is slightly higher than eating the same amount of calories all at once.
8. Eating little and often also really helps to control hunger and makes you less likely to binge.